Senior Geotechnical Engineer
KGS Group is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our well established and thriving geotechnical group in Winnipeg, MB. KGS Group is a reputable multidisciplinary employee-owned consulting firm with offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Mississauga and Thunder Bay. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will play a leadership role within the group, participate in business development, mentoring and continued development of the team. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment with opportunity to interface directly with clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple geotechnical projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including allocation of budgets and personnel and client relationships. Projects will include variety of small to large projects spanning from water resources, flood control, hydroelectric, transportation and industrial developments;
- Geotechnical engineering evaluation and assessment of various developments and providing recommendations to address geotechnical issues, such as: foundation design, slope stability, soil improvements and others;
- Prepare and review of geotechnical reports;
- Work collaboratively with other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved;
- Maintain relation and pursue new business opportunities with Clients;
- Manage and Mentor junior staff as required.
Qualifications and Credentials:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil /Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university; a post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in geotechnical engineering with demonstrated project management skills (Tracking budgets and meeting schedules);
- Previous geotechnical engineering consulting experience is preferred (excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in writing proposals and technical reports);
- Demonstrated experience in site investigations and design, site characterization, heavy foundations, dams and dam safety review, seismic assessment, and construction support from tendering to inspections. The position requires a strong background in report writing, specifications, and project management.
- Registered (or is eligible for registration) with the Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Ability to travel to project sites on as required basis.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity please send resume to .