Senior Mechanical Engineer
KGS Group is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our well established Water Resources & Hydroelectric Mechanical department.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will play a leadership role within the department reporting directly to the Department Head. In this position, you will participate in design, day-to-day project work, business development, mentoring and continued development of the team. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment with opportunity to interface directly with clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing modifications to, or entirely new, mechanical systems related to dams, control structures and hydroelectric generating stations.
- Managing and executing multiple projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Projects will include a variety of small to large projects involving water resources, flood control and hydroelectric sectors;
- Preparation and review of reports;
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to execute project deliverables, as well as ensuring that quality objectives, schedules and budgets are met;
- Pursuing new business opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Managing and mentoring junior staff.
Qualifications and Credentials:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university; a post graduate degree would be an asset;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in mechanical engineering with demonstrated project management skills (Tracking budgets and meeting schedules);
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer in Manitoba, as well as other Canadian provinces;
- Previous consulting experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required;
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated experience in site investigations, condition assessments, design and construction support is preferred;
- Experience with cranes, hoists, hydroelectric turbines, generators and balance of plant systems preferred but industrial experience will be considered;
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but is required depending of project/client requirements;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity please send resume to