Assistant Controller (Winnipeg)
KGS Group is looking for an Assistant Controller to join our head office in Winnipeg, MB.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this role you will assist in the day-to-day accounting functions for all of our offices in Canada and the U.S. Under the supervision of our controller, your goal will be to keep the accounting and financial processes of our company up to standard and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and control. Working within an accounting team of about 10 people in a flexible and professional environment, you’ll have opportunities to learn and opportunities to lead.
- Support accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements.
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing.
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit.
- Help in the development of reports for management or regulatory bodies.
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Proven experience as an assistant controller or other similar position.
- Degree in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred.
- Professional certification (or in process of obtaining)
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- 2-3 years experience with Deltek Vision accounting software.
- Organized professional with ability to prioritize.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.