Civil CAD Technologist (Regina)
KGS Group is seeking a Civil CAD Technologist to join our growing Geomatics department in Regina.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
This is a great opportunity for a junior to intermediate Civil CAD Technologist to develop their skills and work with a great team. Our team is involved in a wide range of projects in both urban and rural settings including but not limited to:
- Residential subdivisions
- Commercial developments
- Landfill assessment, construction and decommissioning
- Water treatment plants, wells and pipelines
- Wastewater management, lagoon construction
- Storm water assessment and management
- Industrial, mine, and institutional projects
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Produce preliminary, design, for construction and as-built drawing sets in AutoCAD and Civil3D
- Effectively and accurately communicate information and ideas by email, drawings and field reports
- Assist in field surveys using GPS, Total Station, Level and Rod for a broad range of field investigation programs
- Communicate directly with clients and contractors
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- 2 year diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology or Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- Civil 3D Experience in the following areas:
- site servicing and development
- lagoon and landfill design
- site grading
- pipe networks
- corridors/road design
- quantity computation and cost estimates
- Drawing production, plotting and delivery
- Extensive knowledge of current AutoCAD and Civil 3D Software
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Other assets would be:
- Familiar with survey equipment and procedures
- Familiar with Information Services Corporation, property inquiries, legal survey plans and land ownership.
- Experience with GIS
- Familiar with point cloud, scanning/Lidar data
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.