Civil Engineering Summer Student (1)
We're looking for highly-motivated Civil Engineer Summer Student to join our Winnipeg team.
Over the past 30 years, KGS Group has grown to be the largest employee-owned engineering consulting firm based in Manitoba. We’re multi-disciplinary and have led significant public and private projects across Canada and internationally. In Manitoba this ranges from the design and construction of major hydro dams to the first large diameter tunneling works in the province to a variety of engineering services for noteworthy local landmarks such as The Forks Riverwalk, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, the Bell MTS Centre and East Side Roadway.
With approximately 270 local engineers, scientists and support staff, we offer numerous resources to collaborate, learn and grow. The municipal group in particular numbers approximately 25, providing a significant support network with other intelligent, motivated staff. We work together, creating innovative solutions for our clients in a friendly, collaborative work environment. It's a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects all throughout Canada.
KGS Group seeks a highly-motivated Civil Engineering Summer Student with the ability to be impactful and decisive. In the role, you will support a range of municipal & transportation-based engineering projects primarily on-site during construction or inspection related projects. On any given day you’ll perform assignments requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. You’ll work under supervision of a project manager and/or senior-level team members with the opportunity to develop your understanding of municipal & transportation projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist with topographic and design layout surveys for a variety of municipal & transportation infrastructure projects
- Work closely with Project managers to ensure that the quality of work carried out locally on projects is to a level expected from our Clients
- Assist with designs, drawings and specifications
- Communicate with clients, contractors, utilities, agencies and stakeholders
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Currently in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Skilled with Microsoft Office software
- Experience working within a consulting engineering setting an asset
- Familiarity with relevant municipal and guidance documents an asset
- Ability to visit remote project sites
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.