Civil Engineering Technologist (2)
We're looking for a highly-motivated Civil Technician/Technologist graduate to join our Thunder Bay team.
KGS Group is an employee-owned engineering firm with a history of leading the planning, design and management of significant public and private projects across Canada and internationally. This ranges from commercial, institutional and industrial facilities to infrastructure and rehabilitation projects.
With over 400 employees across our offices, we offer numerous opportunities to learn, develop and lead. Our multi-disciplinary team works together, creating innovative solutions for our clients in a friendly, flexible work environment. It's a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects all throughout Canada and beyond.
KGS Group seeks a highly-motivated Civil Technician/Technologist graduate with the ability to be impactful and decisive. In the role, you will support a range of municipal engineering projects working within both an office environment and on active project sites to perform construction or inspection related duties. On any given day you will be able to apply your academic learning to perform assignments requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. You’ll work under the supervision of a project manager and/or senior-level team members with the opportunity to develop your understanding of municipal & civil projects. You will be based out of our local Thunder Bay office with the opportunity to work with colleagues from both our head office located in Winnipeg, Manitoba as well as our other various branch offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform assignments related to civil, municipal and drainage
- Assist with preparation of detailed design, drawings and specifications for civil engineering projects
- Assist with topographic and design layout surveys for a variety of municipal infrastructure projects
- Work closely with Project managers to ensure that the quality of work carried out on projects is to a level expected from our Clients
- Communicate with clients, contractors, utilities, agencies and stakeholders
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Graduate of a Civil Technician / Technologist program from an accredited university/college
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Skilled with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with civil engineering software CADD (examples: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, AutoTURN InRoads, Microstation) and an asset
- Experience working within a consulting engineering setting an asset
- Experience working on an active construction site an asset
- Familiarity with relevant municipal and guidance documents an asset
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to work out of town and at remote project sites
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.