Civil Engineering Technologist Student
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow. And get ready to stretch yourself and dare to push your limits. Because we believe we set our own boundaries by what we’re willing to attempt. That’s the KGS way.
As a Civil Engineering Technologist Student, you will:
- Assist in field surveys using GPS, Total Station, Level and Rod for a broad range of field investigation programs
- Perform field and office calculations effectively
- Effectively and accurately communicate information and ideas by email and field reports
- Keep clear and concise field notes
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Civil3D is an asset
Your Qualifications and Abilities
- Three-year civil engineering technology diploma (or expected to graduate in the near future)
- An above average technical aptitude and a desire to further develop technical knowledge
- Willingness and ability to perform basic site inspections. Must hold a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to operate various off-road vehicles is an asset (ATV, Snowmobile, Argo and boats)
- Willingness to travel and work on various jobs sites in urban, rural and remote areas
- The ability to successfully meet tight deadlines while producing accurate and highly detailed data
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively with supervision, as an individual and with a team
- Willingness to learn new software programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able and willing to travel and work out of town.
KGS Group is an employee-owned, equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.