Civil/Municipal Infrastructure Engineer-in-Training
We're looking for a Civil Engineer-In-Training interested in civil and municipal projects to join our Thunder Bay team.
KGS Group is an employee-owned engineering firm with a history of leading the planning, design and management of significant public and private projects across Canada and internationally. This ranges from commercial, institutional and industrial facilities to infrastructure and rehabilitation projects.
With over 400 employees across our offices, we offer numerous opportunities to learn, develop and lead. Our multi-disciplinary team works together, creating innovative solutions for our clients in a friendly, flexible work environment. It's a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects all throughout Canada and beyond.
In this role, you will support a range of municipal based engineering projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Your mission will be to strengthen our team, helping ensure project objectives, schedules and budgets are met. On any given day, you'll have the opportunity to interface directly with clients that include major urban centers, municipalities, First Nations, provincial agencies, federal organizations and private industry.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide on-site construction support and inspection of active projects
- Assist with designs, drawings and specifications for a variety of civil and municipal infrastructure projects
- Assist with associated reports, studies and contract documents
- Assist with proposals and expressions of interest considering the methodology for undertaking potential projects
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams from initial conceptualization through to final completion
- Communicate with clients, contractors, utilities, agencies and stakeholders
- Support contract administration of construction assignments
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- I.T. designation
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience working within a consulting engineering setting is an asset
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to visit remote project sites
- Assets (but not requirements) include:
- Experience supporting the planning, design and implementation of various civil projects (urban roadways, rural roadways, active transportation infrastructure, parking lots, sewers, water mains, culverts, outfalls)
- Familiarity with civil engineering software (examples: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, InfoWorks CS, AASHTO ME, ParkCAD, Nexus, Torus, RoadEng, InRoads, Microstation, Synchro)
- Familiarity with relevant municipal and guidance documents
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.