Civil / Structural Engineer-in-Training (Mississauga)
KGS Group is seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer-in-Training to join our well established Civil/Structural Department in Mississauga, Ontario.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Gain valuable experience in the hydroelectric field, working alongside a group of senior engineers working on projects involving heavy civil project design (including design of water retaining structures and flood control structures), addressing stability, seepage and settlement. The successful candidate will also gain knowledge in the dam safety assessment of hydroelectric facilities.
This position provides an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate to work with a highly experienced multi-disciplinary group of engineers.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- In this role, you’ll work in a team environment with other engineers and designers to prepare structural designs and analyses for dams and hydroelectric facilities
- Under the guidance of an Intermediate to Senior Engineer, you will work to ensure proposals/projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets, and up to high quality standards
- Helping to maintain strong relationships with clients
- Identify opportunities to improve our ability to meet client expectations
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in civil or structural engineering. Master's degree is an asset
- 0-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in an engineering consulting environment
- Highly proactive with exceptional problem solving/analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Windows Microsoft Office
- Experience with Mathcad and STAAD.Pro is an asset
- Excellent oral & written English skills
- A valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks
- The work will mainly be carried out of our Mississauga office. Travel to various outdoor sites and durations at the sites will be determined by project needs
KGS Group believes in assisting each of our employees to fulfill their career goals. We offer professional development opportunities along with a competitive pay and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.