Co-Op Structural Design Draftsperson
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow. And get ready to stretch yourself and dare to push your limits. Because we believe we set our own boundaries by what we’re willing to attempt. That’s the KGS way.
As a Coop Structural Design Draftsperson, you will:
- Prepare structural and hydrotechnical engineering models and drawings with AutoCAD
- Assist in gathering technical information for reports, specifications and analysis
- Perform basic calculations and present them in a logical and organized manner
- Effectively and accurately communicate information and ideas
- Assist in preparation of presentations
- On occasion, short periods of field work may be required
Your Qualifications and Abilities
- Enrollment in a two or three-year civil engineering technology program (first or second year)
- An above average technical aptitude and a desire to further develop technical knowledge
- Working knowledge of steel and reinforced concrete design and drafting standards
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD 2018 or later versions
- The ability to successfully meet tight deadlines while producing accurate and highly detailed data
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively with little supervision, as an individual and with a team
- The ability to visualize and communicate complex construction details
- Willingness to learn new software programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
KGS Group is an employee-owned, equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.