Electrical Draft Designer (Winnipeg)
KGS Group is seeking an Electrical Draft Designer to join our well-established Commercial Mechanical & Electrical Department in Winnipeg, MB.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We are different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we are invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you will be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you will have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Work duties would include the design of electrical power systems, lighting, lighting controls, life safety systems, etc. Responsibilities include electrical assessments of commercial buildings and detailed design of electrical systems in renovated or new buildings. A good working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit is required.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Participate in commercial electrical design including multi-discipline projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including establishment and maintenance of project budgets and schedules.
- Provide electrical design drafting of small to large commercial projects.
- Working in a team environment with our other commercial department personnel, management, administrative staff and other drafting personnel, you will prepare tender and construction documents or reports.
- Prepare technical reports as required.
- Complete field inspections for both the design and construction phases of the project.
- Assist with electrical construction administration to coordinate with contractors, review shop drawings and answer RFI’s.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Diploma in electrical design technology specializing in commercial electrical design from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Three to five years’ experience in electrical commercial designs with demonstrated technical abilities (Revit, analysis, code and regulations reviews, design calculations, technical report writing).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- CET registration in Manitoba is optional. Registration in other Canadian provinces or US states would be an additional asset.
- Availability to periodically travel to project sites on an as required basis for 1/2 day or 1-day site visits, typically for data collection, review of construction or attendance at coordination or design review meetings.
- Ability to adapt to and meet the challenges of a variety of different projects from clients in many different industries.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.