KGS Group is seeking an Electrical Engineer-in-Training to join our well-established Electrical office in Mississauga, ON.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We are invested in our work and our people and offer an exciting environment for young engineers to grow into their careers. Working with us you will be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond, and will be exposed to our wide-ranging expertise, with countless opportunities to learn.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
As an Electrical EIT, you will gain valuable experience in the hydroelectric field, working on projects involving electrical power generation and electrical equipment ranging from the generator to the balance of the plant (BOP) electrical systems and its associated HV transmission systems, including protection and control.
This position provides an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate to work with a highly experienced multi-disciplinary group of engineers to gain experience while working towards obtaining their Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) license.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Low voltage, medium voltage and high voltage electrical system design including power distribution, substation design, protection and control systems and motor control center
- Generating station grounding system design
- Short circuit, load flow, arc flash, motor starting and dynamic studies using PSCAD
- Site inspections for drawing compliance or data gathering
- Preparation of preliminary drawings, equipment technical specifications, detail design and associated construction drawings
- Assist with the preparation and review of reports and proposals
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to execute project deliverables, as well as ensuring that quality objectives, schedules and budgets are met
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from a recognized university; a post graduate degree would be an asset
- 0-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in an engineering consulting environment
- Strong understanding of electrical machines and power systems theory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Office). Power systems analysis software will be considered an asset
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but is required depending on project/client requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks
- Having the drive, attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. Salary is based on experience.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.