KGS Group is seeking an Electrical Engineer-in-Training to join our well-established office in Mississauga, ON.
Over the past 30 years, KGS Group has grown to be the largest employee-owned engineering consulting firm based in Manitoba. We’re multi-disciplinary and have led significant public and private projects across Canada and internationally.
With approximately 270 local engineers, scientists and support staff, we offer numerous resources to collaborate, learn and grow. The Mississauga group in particular numbers approximately 25, providing a significant support network with other intelligent, motivated staff. We work together, creating innovative solutions for our clients in a friendly, collaborative work environment. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects all throughout Canada.
In this role, you will gain valuable experience in the hydroelectric field, working on projects involving electrical power generation and electrical equipment ranging from the generator to the balance of the plant (BOP) electrical systems and its associated HV transmission systems, including protection and control.
This position provides an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate to work with a highly experienced multi-disciplinary group of engineers to gain experience while working towards obtaining their Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) licence.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- LV, MV and HV electrical system design including power distribution, substation design, protection and control systems, motor control center
- Generating station grounding system design
- Short circuit, load flow, arc flash, motor starting and dynamic studies using PSCAD
- Site inspections for drawing compliance or data gathering
- Preparation of preliminary drawings, equipment technical specification, detail design and associated construction drawings
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant bringing forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Recent graduate of an accredited Electrical Engineering program. Advanced degrees (i.e. M. Eng., M. Sc.) will be considered an asset
- Strong understanding of electrical machines and power systems theory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Office). Power systems analysis software will be considered an asset
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
KGS Group believes in assisting each of our employees to fulfill their career goals. We offer professional development opportunities along with a competitive pay and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.