Energy Modeler (Winnipeg)
KGS Group is seeking an Energy Modeler to join our well-established Commercial Mechanical & Electrical Department in Winnipeg, MB.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We are different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we are invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you will be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you will have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Using your technical expertise and proactive problem-solving skills, you will work with our engineering team and external clients to support the execution of sustainable building projects. Responsibilities include sustainability assessments of commercial buildings and detailed development of energy models for renovated or new buildings. A good working knowledge of energy modelling software, mechanical building design and related systems are essential.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Develop energy models for buildings by using industry-standard computer software programs and design documents supplied by other project team members.
- Confirm and document code and green building rating system compliance.
- Evaluate building performance during the design process for purposes of system selection and optimization.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Bachelor of Engineering, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or other related architectural diploma/degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design of buildings with good understanding of mechanical systems or 2 years direct experience in energy modelling.
- Experience with energy modelling software, building design and related systems.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and time management skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience with the following items would be an asset:
- Green-building rating systems such as LEED, Green Globes and MB Efficiency Incentive programs
- Design of mechanical systems for buildings and/or contract administration experience for construction projects
- Revit and/or AutoCAD software
- The following certifications would be an asset:
- CEM – Certified Energy Manager
- BEMP – Building Energy Modeling Professional
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.