Entry-Level Civil Structural Engineer (E.I.T preferred)
KGS Group International Inc. is seeking an Entry-Level Civil Structural Engineer to join our growing Northwest Hydropower and Water Resources group in Seattle, WA.
Desired Technical Experience & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing structural engineering calculations, analysis, and design of steel and concrete structures, for both new and existing, as well as general civil engineering assignments;
- Preparation of drawings and specifications, technical memorandums and reports, and feasibility studies;
- Creating hand-sketch drawings and communicating with lead drafter;
- Producing legible, organized calculations showing adequacy of design;
- Travel to work sites to perform observations, project documentation and field support as needed;
- All duties performed will be done under direct supervision by a Senior Structural Engineer;
- Willingness to continually improve technical skills through self-study and other educational means (classes, seminars, etc.) will be highly encouraged and supported.
Desired Qualifications and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis in structural engineering is required;
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering is desirable;
- Passed or qualified to take E.I.T exam (The Fundamentals of Engineering) required;
- Experience in hydropower facilities or similar (water facilities, heavy industrial etc.). Experience in hydropower facilities is a plus. Hydraulics experience is a plus;
- Course work in structural design of concrete, steel, hydraulics and soil mechanics;
- Basic knowledge and understanding the engineering principles with the ability to use the standards and codes applicable to structural engineering discipline;
- Experience in modeling and analyzing structures against dead, live, wind, seismic, blast, dynamic, operation, thermal, and fatigue loadings based on engineering standards and applicable codes is desirable;
- Interest in performing all aspects of civil engineering including technical calculations, performing field inspections, technical writing, and project management is a plus;
- Understanding of advanced structural modeling and analysis software (RISA, SAP2000, ANSYS or similar Finite Element Software) and CAD software is desirable;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and MathCad;
- Having a drive, attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must;
- Ability to work well with a multi-discipline design team;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills with interest in improving client interaction and relationship building activities;
- Be willing to travel;
- Must possess a valid driver's license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks;
- Candidates local to Seattle/Bellevue area strongly preferred.
Work with Others:
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to execute project deliverables, as well as ensuring that firm's quality control program and objectives, schedules and budgets are met;
- Must be a team player;
- Client interaction: must be able to effectively participate at project meetings and communicate project and technical information;
- Support business development/marketing and proposal writing efforts;
- Having a drive, attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
KGS Group is a consulting engineering, design, and project management firm which has been operating since 1986. We are an employee owned, multi-disciplinary engineering firm of 400, in 6 locations across North America, including our local office in Bellevue, Washington. We are staffed by an experienced team of engineers and scientists, the majority holding advanced degrees. Services are provided to government, public, and private sector clients in Canada and the United States.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. Salary is based on experience.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity please send us your resume.send resume