Environmental Technologist (Regina)
KGS Group is seeking an Environmental Technologist to join our well-established team on a permanent, full-time basis in Regina or Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
This exciting opportunity will give you the chance to work on varied projects under the mentorship of our senior team members and develop your skills on various environmental projects. Through this role, you will have the opportunity to participate and contribute in a number of office and field activities including but not limited to, conduct environmental site assessments, contaminated sites remedial activities, regulatory inspections and reporting, soil, groundwater and surface water sample collection, air emissions reporting, hydrogeology writing technical documents and maintain environmental management systems (including ISO 14001:2015) for a variety of clients projects. Demonstrated skills, performance and interests will also be factors.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Assisting with scoping, developing budget, executing, monitoring and preparing reports.
- Computer activities - data entry/analysis, software assessment, engineering programs utilization.
- Preparation of CAD drawings.
- Field and site inspections, including coordinating and directing site contractor.
- Construction surveillance and reporting.
- Environmental surveillance and reporting.
- Preparation/ production of reports.
- Auditing Environmental Management System,
- Evaluate and measure key performance indicators for client operations.
- Evaluate and monitor automated systems and data collection systems.
- Bench and field tests.
- Surveying skills would be an asset
- Safely perform work in the office and field; fieldwork may occur in all seasonal weather conditions, using equipment) and operating vehicles on behalf of the company. Some heavy lifting may be required
- Willing and able to work extended hours, when needed, to meet deadlines.
- Related and miscellaneous activities as may arise
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Graduate of accredited technology program and computer aided drafting and design.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in environmental technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must be able to work independently as well as a team environment when required.
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Excel.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail; accuracy is essential.
- Focused organization and time management abilities.
- Excellent verbal and strong writing skills.
- Understanding the importance of health & safety as a top priority.
- Valid Driver’s License.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.