Geotechnical Design-Drafting Coordinator (Winnipeg)
KGS Group is seeking a Geotechnical Design-Drafting Coordinator to join our well-established Geotechnical Department in Winnipeg, MB.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We are different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we are invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you will be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you will have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
This opportunity has exciting potential that will be shaped around developing effective, attractive engineering design solutions for unique situations in support of the Geotechnical and Environmental groups. In this role you will have the opportunity to perform geotechnical design and drafting, day-to-day project work, and play a large role in mentoring the drafting team.
Your Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and draft both sketches and formal engineering design drawings from preliminary concepts in Civil and Geotechnical disciplines in collaboration with Project Engineers, to identify design feasibilities and constraints.
- Compile topographical and site information data. Develop layouts and detail designs related to site development, earthworks, excavations, flood protection dykes, dams, foundations, slopes, and earth-retaining structures, drainage, railways and roadways.
- Create 2D and 3D drawings, models, surfaces, and solids using software such as AutoCAD, CIVIL 3D and MicroStation, from historical drawings and reports.
- Plan, schedule, and analyze scope, staffing and budgeting requirements for drafting work.
- Deliver project drawings to project engineers within allocated budget and schedule.
- Review project plans with project engineers and determine design feasibilities and constraints.
- Provide quality control of all drafting work associated with assigned projects.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of drafting work and adherence to applicable company standards.
- Willing and able to work extended hours, when needed, to meet deadlines.
To fill the role, we are looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include, but are not limited to:
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Civil Engineering/Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Current registration or eligibility to register in Manitoba as a Professional Engineer/Engineer-in-Training or Certified Technologist (CET).
- 8+ years design experience in the following areas:
- Earthworks and excavations
- Embankment Dams, dykes and Earth-retaining structures,
- Slopes, drainage and foundation
- Lagoon and landfill design
- Site grading
- Site servicing and development
- Railway and roadways
- Environmental work
- Quantity computation and cost estimating, and
- Drawing production, plotting and delivery
- Extensive knowledge of current AutoCAD, CIVIL 3D and MicroStation Software.
- Strong attention to detail; accuracy is essential.
- Proficient, effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead and supervise a team, and liaising between internal drafting team, external service providers and project engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited senior oversight.
- Understanding the importance of health & safety as a top priority.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.