Intermediate Mechanical Designer
We're looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Designer with 2 to 6 years’ experience in the design of commercial projects to join our well established, Winnipeg Commercial team.
Over the past 30 years, KGS Group has grown to be the largest employee-owned engineering consulting firm in Manitoba. Our multidisciplinary team has led significant public and private projects across Canada and internationally. In Manitoba this ranges from the design and construction of several commercial projects. Work duties would include the design of mechanical HVAC systems, plumbing systems, fire protection, HVAC controls, etc. Responsibilities include mechanical assessments of commercial buildings and detailed design of mechanical systems in renovated or new buildings. A good working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit is required. There will also be opportunities to take on project management responsibilities, including proposal writing and monitoring budgets if desired.
With approximately 270 engineers, scientists and support staff based in Winnipeg, we offer numerous opportunities to learn, develop and lead. We work together, creating innovative solutions for our clients in a friendly, flexible work environment. It's a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects all throughout Canada and beyond.
- In this role, you'll participate in the commercial mechanical design including multi-discipline projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including establishment and maintenance of budgets and schedules.
- You will provide mechanical design of small to large commercial projects.
- Working in a team environment with our other commercial department personnel, management and administrative staff, drafting personnel, you will prepare tender and construction documents or reports.
- You will prepare technical reports.
Your Qualifications and Credentials
- Diploma in mechanical design technology specializing in commercial mechanical design from a college. Alternatively an EIT or P. Eng would also be acceptable.
- Two to six years’ experience in mechanical commercial designs with demonstrated technical abilities (analysis, code and regulations reviews, design calculations, technical report writing).
- Opportunity will be there to also manage projects (writing engineering proposals, project progress reports, tracking budgets and maintaining schedules).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- CET or P. Eng. registration in Manitoba is optional. Registration in other Canadian provinces or US states would be an additional asset.
- Availability to periodically travel to project sites on an as required basis for 1/2 day or 1-day site visits, typically for data collection, review of construction or attendance at coordination or design review meetings.
- Ability to adapt to and meet the challenges of a variety of different projects from clients in many different industries.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.