Intermediate Municipal Engineer – Trenchless / Tunneling
We’re looking for a Municipal Engineer specializing in Tunneling and/or Trenchless Technologies with 8+ years of experience to join our Winnipeg team.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this role, you will be either a Project Manager or Technical Lead on our growing portfolio of trenchless based projects. These projects vary in size from small diameter installations (water / sewer mains) by trenchless installation or rehabilitation methods to large diameter (3m+) deep installation pipes utilizing tunneling techniques.
- Provide input on proposals and expressions of interest considering the methodology for undertaking potential projects
- Prepare designs, drawings, and specifications for a variety of trenchless projects
- Prepare associated reports, and studies
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams from initial conceptualization through to final completion
- Communicate with clients, contractors, utilities, agencies and stakeholders
- Provide leadership through mentoring of junior staff
- Develop business opportunities and long-term relationships
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant bringing forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Eng. designation
- Pipeline Assessments
- 8 years (or more) of related work experience in the planning, design and implementation of new installation or rehabilitation of underground utility pipelines using trenchless technologies including two or more of the following:
- Horizontal Directional Drilling
- Pipe Bursting
- Auger boring
- Pipe ramming
- Cured in Place Pipe
- A strong background working with Geotechnical data and or Baseline Reports
- Evaluation of dewatering, grouting, ground freezing, TBM selection, construction vibrations, and rehabilitation of old tunnels.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working within a consulting engineering setting
- Familiarity with civil engineering software (examples: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, InfoWorks ICM,
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.