Intermediate Municipal Engineer (Winnipeg)
KGS Group is seeking an Intermediate Municipal Engineer to join our Winnipeg team.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
As an Intermediate Municipal Engineer you will have the opportunity to assist in the growth of our highly successful Winnipeg operation. You will be engaged with our other offices and work on an exciting multidisciplinary team of planners, engineers and landscape architects. The selected candidate will participate in and manage multi-disciplinary projects with both public and private sector clients with a focus on water and wastewater treatment and conveyance.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Providing technical design oversight
- Overseeing and mentoring municipal team members
- Managing project delivery and client satisfaction
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Manitoba or eligible for registration in Manitoba
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 10+ years of experience in the planning, design and implementation of municipal infrastructure
It is anticipated that the applicant would have experience in some or all of the following project areas:
- Wastewater Collection (assessment and design)
- Wastewater treatment plants (facility assessment, design, and commissioning)
- Lagoon (assessment and design)
- Lift stations and force mains (assessment and design)
- Flood pump stations (assessment and design)
- Water treatment (facility assessment, design, and commissioning)
- Water distribution (assessment, modelling, and design)
The following qualifications would be considered an asset:
- Exhibits strong leadership and is encouraging to others
- Previous consulting experience
- Previous experience working with Indigenous clients
- Strong written and/or oral communication skills
- Previous experience managing projects and multi-disciplinary project teams
- Geothermal Experience. KGS Group is involved in a significant number of geothermal projects across the country. The role may be expanded to include assisting our geothermal team
KGS Group is an employee-owned, equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.