Intermediate / Senior Structural Engineer
We're looking for an Intermediate to Senior Structural Engineer with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the design of commercial and industrial projects to join our well-established, Winnipeg structural team.
Over the past 30 years, KGS Group has grown to be the largest employee-owned engineering consulting firm in Manitoba. Our multidisciplinary team has led significant public and private projects across Canada and internationally. In Manitoba this ranges from the design and construction of major hydro dams to the first large diameter tunneling works in the province to a variety of engineering services for noteworthy local landmarks such as the Floodway and the Canadian Museum for Human Rights to major industrial projects such as the Minnedosa Ethanol Plant and the recent HyLife Pork Processing Plant Expansion.
With approximately 270 engineers, scientists and support staff based in Winnipeg, we offer numerous opportunities to learn, develop and lead. We work together, creating innovative solutions for our clients in a friendly, flexible work environment. It's a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects all throughout Canada and beyond.
- In this role, you'll manage structural design of multi-discipline projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including establishment and maintenance of budgets and schedules.
- You will provide structural design of small to large commercial and industrial projects.
- Working in a team environment with our other structural department personnel, management and administrative staff, you will prepare tender and construction documents or reports.
- You will prepare technical reports.
- As a senior member of our structural team, you'll also mentor junior staff and manage support personnel as required.
Your Qualifications and Credentials
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering specializing in structural design from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in structural engineering with demonstrated technical (analysis, code and regulations reviews, design calculations, technical report writing) and project management skills (writing project progress reports, tracking budgets and maintaining schedules).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Registered (or eligible to become registered) with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba (EGM). Registration in other Canadian provinces or US states would be an additional asset.
- Availability to periodically travel to project sites on an as required basis for 1/2 day or 1-day site visits, typically for data collection, review of construction or attendance at coordination or design review meetings.
- Ability to adapt to and meet the challenges of a variety of different projects from clients in many different industries.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.