Intermediate Structural Engineer (Regina)
We're looking for an Intermediate Structural Engineer with a minimum of 8 years of experience in the design of commercial and industrial projects to join our well-established, Saskatchewan structural team.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this role, you’ll manage structural design of multi-discipline projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including establishment and maintenance of budgets and schedules.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- You will provide structural design of small to large commercial and industrial projects.
- Working in a team environment with our other structural department personnel, management and administrative staff, you will prepare tender and construction documents or reports.
- You will prepare technical reports.
- As a senior member of our structural team, you’ll also mentor junior staff and manage support personnel as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering specializing in structural design from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in structural engineering with demonstrated technical (analysis, code and regulations reviews, design calculations, technical report writing) and project management skills (writing project progress reports, tracking budgets and maintaining schedules).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Registered (or eligible to become registered) with Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS). Registration in other Canadian provinces or US states would be an additional asset.
- Availability to periodically travel to project sites on an as required basis for ½ day or 1-day site visits, typically for data collection, review of construction or attendance at coordination or design review meetings.
- Ability to adapt to and meet the challenges of a variety of different projects from clients in many different industries.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.