Intermediate Transportation Infrastructure Engineer
We’re looking for an Intermediate Transportation Infrastructure Engineer to join our Winnipeg team.
Over the past 30 years, KGS Group has grown to be the largest employee-owned engineering consulting firm based in Manitoba. We’re multi-disciplinary and have led significant public and private projects across Canada and internationally. In Manitoba this ranges from the design and construction of major hydro dams to the first large diameter tunneling works in the province to a variety of engineering services for noteworthy local landmarks such as The Forks Riverwalk, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, the Bell MTS Centre and East Side Roadway.
With approximately 270 local engineers, scientists and support staff, we offer numerous resources to collaborate, learn and grow. The municipal group in particular numbers approximately 25, providing a significant support network with other intelligent, motivated staff. We work together, creating innovative solutions for our clients in a friendly, collaborative work environment. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects all throughout Canada.
In this role, you will manage a range of transportation-based engineering projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Your mission will be to ensure project objectives, schedules and budgets are met. On any given day, you’ll have the opportunity to interface directly with clients that include major urban centers, municipalities, Indigenous communities, provincial agencies, federal organizations and private industry.
You’ll be expected to:
- Prepare proposals and expressions of interest considering the methodology for undertaking potential projects
- Prepare designs, drawings and specifications for a variety of transportation infrastructure projects
- Prepare associated reports, studies and contract documents
- Participate in and manage multi-disciplinary teams from initial conceptualization through to final completion
- Communicate with clients, contractors, utilities, agencies and stakeholders
- Provide contract administration of construction assignments
- Provide leadership through mentoring of junior staff
- Develop business opportunities and long-term relationships
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant bringing forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Eng. designation
- 5 years (or more) of related work experience in the planning, design and implementation of transportation infrastructure projects including:
- Urban roadways (regional streets, residential streets, industrial roads, alleys)
- Rural roadways & highways
- Active transportation routes (on and off-street)
- Parking lots
- Flexible and rigid pavement designs (AASHTO 1993 & ME)
- Infrastructure condition assessments
- Traffic impact assessments
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working within a consulting engineering setting
- Familiarity with civil engineering software (examples: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, InfoWorks CS, AASHTO ME, ParkCAD, Nexus, Torus, RoadEng, InRoads, Microstation, Synchro)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of relevant municipal and guidance documents (examples: Construction Contracts and Standard Construction Specifications for the City of Winnipeg, Manitoba Water Services Board and Manitoba Infrastructure)
- Ability to visit remote project sites
KGS Group is an employee-owned, equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.