Mechanical Technologist (Saskatchewan)
KGS Group is currently looking to fill an 18-month term position for a Mechanical Technologist to join our well-established team in Regina or Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in piping design and drawing preparation.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
This is a great opportunity for a junior to intermediate Mechanical Technologist to develop their skills and work with a great team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design development and drafting of tender/construction drawings;
- Review of shop drawings and respond to contractor inquiries;
- Perform site inspections to identify good and bad installation practices;
- Review and discuss change orders with contractor and client.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Graduate of accredited technology program and computer aided drafting and design
- Minimum of 3 years experience in piping design and drawing preparation
- Candidate must be proficient using 3D Piping software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Excel
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.