Municipal Design Draftsperson
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow. And get ready to stretch yourself and dare to push your limits. Because we believe we set our own boundaries by what we’re willing to attempt. That’s the KGS way.
As a Municipal Design Draftsperson, your Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the Municipal Design process from proposal stage through to completion
- Work collaboratively with the greater design team including other disciplines
- Work in a design drafting capacity for small to large Municipal Projects (Sewer, water, land drainage, transportation, land development, etc.)
- Contribute to the production of Report Figures, Preliminary, Tender, and Construction Packages
- Perform design calculations and present them in a logical and organized manner
- Manage Project Data (Drawing Files, Models, Topographic Survey, Design Calculations, etc.)
- Assist in drawing production for multiple designers in the Department
- Ensure drawing development adheres to Company/Client Drafting Standards with emphasis on quality assurance and Project Schedule
To fill the role, we are looking for an applicant who possess excellent knowledge in CAD. Some highlights could include, but are not limited to:
- Diploma in CAD or a relevant Civil Engineering Technology program from a recognized post-secondary Institute
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in Civil Design Drafting with demonstrated technical abilities
- Tech. and/or C.E.T. registration in Manitoba would be an asset
- Intermediate working knowledge of Civil3D 2018 or later
- Experience working with MicroStation Software would be an asset
- Experience working with Revit Software would be an asset
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively with a team and as an individual
- Strong attention to detail with excellent oral and written communication skills
- May occasionally be required to work overtime.
KGS Group is an employee-owned, equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.