Municipal/Transportation Infrastructure Engineer-in-Training
We're looking for a Civil Engineer-In-Training interested in transportation and municipal projects to join our Winnipeg team.
Over the past 30 years, KGS Group has grown to be the largest employee-owned engineering consulting firm based in Manitoba. We’re multi-disciplinary and have led significant public and private projects across Canada and internationally. In Manitoba this ranges from the design and construction of major hydro dams to the first large diameter tunneling works in the province to a variety of engineering services for noteworthy local landmarks such as The Forks Riverwalk, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, the Bell MTS Centre and East Side Roadway.
With approximately 270 local engineers, scientists and support staff, we offer numerous resources to collaborate, learn and grow. The municipal group in particular numbers approximately 25, providing a significant support network with other intelligent, motivated staff. We work together, creating innovative solutions for our clients in a friendly, collaborative work environment. It's a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects all throughout Canada.
In this role, you will support a range of municipal/transportation-based engineering projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Your mission will be to strengthen our team, helping ensure project objectives, schedules and budgets are met. On any given day, you'll have the opportunity to interface directly with clients that include major urban centers, municipalities, First Nations, provincial agencies, federal organizations and private industry.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide on-site construction support and inspection of active projects
- Assist with designs, drawings and specifications for a variety of transportation infrastructure projects
- Assist with associated reports, studies and contract documents
- Assist with proposals and expressions of interest considering the methodology for undertaking potential projects
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams from initial conceptualization through to final completion
- Communicate with clients, contractors, utilities, agencies and stakeholders
- Support contract administration of construction assignments
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- I.T. designation
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience working within a consulting engineering setting is an asset
- Ability to visit remote project sites
- Assets (but not requirements) include:
- Experience supporting the planning, design and implementation of various civil projects (urban roadways, rural roadways, active transportation infrastructure, parking lots, sewers, water mains, culverts, outfalls)
- Familiarity with civil engineering software (examples: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, InfoWorks CS, AASHTO ME, ParkCAD, Nexus, Torus, RoadEng, InRoads, Microstation, Synchro)
- Familiarity with relevant municipal and guidance documents
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.