Quality Specialist (Winnipeg)
KGS Group is seeking a Quality Specialist to join our head office in Winnipeg.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We are different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we are invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you will be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you will have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
This new opportunity has exciting potential that will be shaped around continuous improvement of our quality management system for all our offices across Canada. Under the supervision of the Quality System Manager, you will be responsible for client and vendor record management, vendor performance evaluation, continuous assessment of internal processes and participate in the implementation of ISO 14001:2015.
Your technical knowledge and collaborative spirit will allow you to succeed in our flexible and professional environment, and you will have the opportunity to learn and grow within the role.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the development and implementation of quality and environmental procedures in alignment with business and project needs.
- Assist with internal quality audits in compliance with corporate policies, practices, and procedures, ensuring ongoing compliance with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.
- Audit quality and environmental documentation for each project and ensure that all processes are completed, reviewed, and approved by appropriate staff.
- Follow up on nonconformance and perform appropriate corrective actions / root cause analysis.
- Follow up with equipment managers on equipment calibration records.
- Manage client satisfaction feedback survey
- Identify and implement continuous improvements initiatives to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of internal processes.
- Engage employees on importance of quality and environmental procedures as it relates to their roles and responsibilities.
- Identify relevant quality and environmental training needs and opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality System Manager and/or Senior Management.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Minimum of bachelor’s in science, applied science, business management or engineering.
- Minimum 2+ years’ work experience with quality systems, project management, audit, and process improvement.
- Understands ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 requirements.
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with all relevant interested parties such as client, vendors, customers, employee, and other stakeholders.
- Experience with risk management, procedure writing and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work independently, being highly motivated, and strong collaborative skill.
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, procedures, and design documents.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Able to develop, review, and monitor performance metrics.
- Able to facilitate continuous improvement team meetings.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with employees and Senior Management.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.