Senior Bridge Engineer (Saskatoon)
KGS Group is seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our transportation team in either Regina or Saskatoon, SK. This position will report to the Transportation Department Head.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
This opportunity has exciting potential that will be shaped around your reputation and name in industry. As a Senior Bridge Engineer, you will contribute knowledge and experience to design, build, assess and maintain bridges and other transportation infrastructure.
You will be responsible in a hands-on manner for all aspects of business from proposal writing to project delivery. You will be engaged with our other offices and work in an exciting multidisciplinary team of planners, engineers and landscape architects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage preliminary and design designs of bridges, culverts and retaining walls
- Oversee inspections for provincial and municipal clients
- Assist in the development of the bridge team
- Conduct structural analysis using industry standard software
- Prepare technical construction specifications
- Use CAD and BIM software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit and Rhino
- Liaise with contractors and owners during design and construction activities
- Mentor staff and work closely with other departments to develop multi-disciplinary client-focused solutions
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering
- Eligible for registration in APEGS
- 10 or more years of bridge experience
- Strong project management capabilities and proposal/report writing skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of design practices, standards and policies used in industry
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.