Senior Electrical Engineer (P.E. Required)
KGS Group International Inc. is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our growing Northwest Hydropower and Water Resources group in Seattle, WA.
In this position, you will undertake a leadership role within the department reporting directly to the Regional Director. You will participate in design, day-to-day project work, business development, mentoring, and continued development of the team. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment with opportunity to interface directly with clients.
Desired Technical Experience & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing modifications to, or entirely new, Electrical, Instrumentation and Balance of Plant systems related to dams, control structures, water retaining structures, switchyards, and hydroelectric generating stations;
- Managing and executing multiple projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Projects will include a variety of small to large projects involving water resources, flood control and hydroelectric sectors;
- Preparation and review of reports;
- Demonstrated experience in site investigations, condition assessments, design and construction support is preferred;
- Experience with Station Service distribution (all voltages), Medium Voltage equipment, Fixed bus power distribution systems, PLC Automation (for equipment control), Generator and Transformers including related Monitoring Systems, communication systems, System Grounding, hoists and gate automation, and balance of plant systems for hydroelectric stations preferred but industrial experience will be considered;
- Useful experience to note would be any experience for utilities and industrial applications related to the listed scope above, also include any of the following information which may be applicable:
- Backup power systems (include UPS, DC systems and Fuel fired backup);
- Lighting (including emergency and exit lighting systems);
- Fiber and copper structured cable systems, and associated networking equipment;
- DCS and PLC Automation, HMI and RTU Integration (include any programming experience);
- Protection systems experience, including specifying, setting and verifying (include reference to voltages);
- Load flow analysis, system modelling, arc-flash, grounding other electrical studies (include reference to software used, and any training);
- NERC/CIP planning;
- Physical or Cyber Security planning or design;
- Unit outage planning;
- Other renewable energy experience.
Desired Qualifications and Credentials:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university; a post graduate degree would be an asset;
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in electrical engineering with demonstrated project management skills (tracking budgets and meeting schedules);
- Must be registered as a professional engineer (P.E.) in any state in the US, as well as eligible for registration as a professional engineer in Washington State; other states would be a plus;
- Previous consulting experience is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required;
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but will be required at times depending on project/client requirements;
- Must possess a valid driver's license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks.
Work with Others:
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to execute project deliverables, as well as ensuring that quality objectives, schedules and budgets are met;
- Must be a team player;
- Client interaction: must be able to effectively assume a lead role as project engineer at project meetings and communicate project and technical information;
- Pursuing new business opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Support business development/marketing and proposal writing efforts;
- Managing and mentoring junior staff;
- Having a drive, attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
KGS Group is a consulting engineering, design, and project management firm which has been operating since 1986. We are an employee owned, multi-disciplinary engineering firm of 400, in 6 locations across North America, including our local office in Bellevue, Washington. We are staffed by an experienced team of engineers and scientists, the majority holding advanced degrees. Services are provided to government, public, and private sector clients in Canada and the United States.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. Salary is based on experience.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity please send us your resume.