Senior Mechanical Engineer (P.E. Required) (1)
KGS Group International Inc. is seeking Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our growing Northwest Hydropower and Water Resources group in Bellevue, WA.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this position, you will undertake a leadership role within the department reporting directly to the Regional Director. You will participate in design, day-to-day project work, business development, mentoring and continued development of the team. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment with opportunity to interface directly with clients.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing modifications to, or entirely new, mechanical systems related to dams, control structures, water retaining structures, and hydroelectric generating stations;
- Managing and executing multiple projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Projects will include a variety of small to large projects involving water resources, flood control and hydroelectric sectors;
- Demonstrated experience in site investigations, condition assessments, design and construction support is preferred;
- Experience with cranes, hoists, hydroelectric turbines, generators and balance of plant systems preferred but industrial experience will be considered;
- Experience with gates, valves, pumps and other hydro-mechanical machinery would be an asset;
- Mechanical system design include; piping isometrics, pipe stress analysis, drawing preparation oversight, reliability analysis, fatigue analysis and thermal analysis, would be asset;
- Preparation and review of reports.
- Provides technical leadership for a specialty and is considered to be fully capable professional in their field.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university; a post graduate degree would be an asset;
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in mechanical engineering with demonstrated project management skills (Tracking budgets and meeting schedules);
- Must be registered as a professional engineer (P.E.) in any State in the US, as well as eligible for registration as a professional engineer in Washington State; as well as others States would be a plus; in addition P.Eng in Canada would be significant benefit.
- Previous consulting experience is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required;
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but will be required at times depending on project/client requirements;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks.
Work with Others:
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to execute project deliverables, as well as ensuring that quality objectives, schedules and budgets are met;
- Must be a team player;
- Client interaction: must be able to effectively assume a lead role as project engineer at project meetings and communicate project and technical information;
- Pursuing new business opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Support business development/marketing and proposal writing efforts;
- Proven leadership skills, with a proven track record.
- Managing and mentoring junior staff;
- Having a drive, attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. We offer competitive pay, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. We will also provide flexibility that you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you are working from KGS Group office, remote location, or work from home, you will be working in a dynamic and friendly environment with the opportunity to interface directly with co-workers and clients, and where your collaboration, integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and mindset are championed.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.