Senior Mechanical Engineer (P.E. Required)
KGS Group International Inc. is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our growing Northwest Hydropower and Water Resources group in Seattle, WA.
In this position, you will undertake a leadership role within the department reporting directly to the Regional Director. You will participate in design, day-to-day project work, business development, mentoring and continued development of the team. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment with opportunity to interface directly with clients.
Desired Technical Experience & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing modifications to, or entirely new, mechanical systems related to dams, control structures, water retaining structures, and hydroelectric generating stations;
- Managing and executing multiple projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Projects will include a variety of small to large projects involving water resources, flood control and hydroelectric sectors;
- Demonstrated experience in site investigations, condition assessments, design and construction support is preferred;
- Experience with cranes, hoists, hydroelectric turbines, generators and balance of plant systems preferred, but industrial experience will be considered;
- Experience with gates, valves, pumps and other hydro-mechanical machinery would be an asset;
- Mechanical system design including: piping isometrics, pipe stress analysis, drawing preparation oversight, reliability analysis, fatigue analysis and thermal analysis, would be an asset;
- Preparation and review of reports.
Desired Qualifications and Credentials:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university; a post graduate degree would be an asset;
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of experience in mechanical engineering with demonstrated project management skills (tracking budgets and meeting schedules);
- Must be registered as a professional engineer (P.E.) in any state in the US, as well as eligible for registration as a professional engineer in Washington State; as well as other states would be a plus;
- Previous consulting experience is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required;
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Travel to project sites is usually limited, but will be required at times depending on project/client requirements;
- Must possess a valid driver's license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks.
Work with Others:
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to execute project deliverables, as well as ensuring that quality objectives, schedules and budgets are met;
- Must be a team player;
- Client interaction: must be able to effectively assume a lead role as project engineer at project meetings and communicate project and technical information;
- Pursuing new business opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Support business development/marketing and proposal writing efforts;
- Managing and mentoring junior staff;
- Having a drive, attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
KGS Group is a consulting engineering, design, and project management firm which has been operating since 1986. We are an employee owned multi-disciplinary engineering firm of 400, in 6 office locations across North America, including our local office in Bellevue, Washington. We are staffed by an experienced team of engineers and scientists, the majority holding advanced degrees. Services are provided to government, public, and private sector clients in Canada and the United States.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. Salary is based on experience.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity please send us your resume.