Senior Mechanical Engineer (Regina, SK)
KGS Group is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our well-established office in Regina, SK.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this opportunity, you will have the ability to complete and manage a variety of small to large mechanical engineering projects and provide effective design solutions for multi-disciplinary projects. This position offers significant opportunity for professional growth including but not limited to managing multi-disciplinary projects, client interaction, business development, and much more depending on your skillset and ambitions.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Designing modifications to, or entirely new, balance of plant mechanical systems related to food processing, pharmaceutical, thermal power generating stations, refineries, chemical processing plants, oil/gas facilities, and other industrial facilities.
- Your Mechanical Engineering background is key to the role, but ability to demonstrate competency as a multidiscipline generalist would be a strong asset to the role in our multidiscipline organization.
- Managing and executing multiple projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Projects will include a variety of projects involving ASME Code Piping/Pressure Vessels, Industrial Ventilation/HVAC, Material Handling in the industrial sectors.
- Preparation and review of reports.
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to execute project deliverables, as well as ensuring that quality objectives, schedules and budgets are met.
- Pursuing new business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Managing and mentoring junior and intermediate staff.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from a recognized university; a post graduate degree would be an asset.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in mechanical engineering with demonstrated project management skills (Tracking budgets and meeting schedules).
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer in Manitoba, as well as other Canadian provinces.
- Previous consulting experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in site investigations, condition assessments, design and construction support are preferred.
- Experience with some of the following aspects of mechanical engineering: pumps, pressure vessels, boilers, heat exchangers, tanks, ventilation/HVAC, material handling, balance of plant systems, fire protection and loss prevention in industrial facilities are preferred but other types of mechanical design experience for industrial facilities will also be considered.
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but is required depending on project/client requirements.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.