Senior Mechanical Engineer (Vancouver)
KGS Group is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Water Resources & Hydroelectric Mechanical department in Vancouver, BC.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this position, you will undertake a leadership role within the department reporting directly to the Department Head. You will participate in design, day-to-day project work, business development, mentoring and continued development of the team. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment with opportunity to interface directly with clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing modifications to, or entirely new, mechanical systems related to dams, control structures and hydroelectric generating stations;
- Managing and executing multiple projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Projects will include a variety of small to large projects involving water resources, flood control and hydroelectric sectors;
- Preparation and review of reports;
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to execute project deliverables, as well as ensuring that quality objectives, schedules and budgets are met;
- Pursuing new business opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Managing and mentoring junior staff.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university; a post graduate degree would be an asset;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in mechanical engineering with demonstrated project management skills (Tracking budgets and meeting schedules);
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with EGBC, as well as other Canadian provinces;
- Previous consulting experience is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required;
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated experience in site investigations, condition assessments, design and construction support is preferred;
- Experience with cranes, hoists, hydroelectric turbines, generators and balance of plant systems preferred but industrial experience will be considered;
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but is required depending of project/client requirements;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.