Senior Transportation Engineer (Regina)
KGS Group is seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer to join our growing Saskatchewan team in either Regina or Saskatoon.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
As a Senior Transportation Engineer you will have an opportunity to grow our highly successful Saskatchewan operation in either Regina or Saskatoon. The right candidate will participate in and manage multi-disciplinary projects with both public and private sector clients. You will be responsible in a hands-on manner for all aspects of business from proposal writing to project delivery. You are well-versed in stakeholder consultation and committed to delivering innovative stakeholder consultation programs for clients. You will be engaged with our other offices and work on an exciting multidisciplinary team of planners, engineers and landscape architects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare transportation planning studies
- Analyze urban and highway corridors and develop functional designs
- Prepare urban transportation master plans
- Conduct traffic impact studies for new development
- Examine active modes (pedestrian, bike and transit) solutions for clients
- Conduct traffic operations analysis using industry standard software such as Synchro or Vissim
- Undertake road safety studies
- Conduct sustainable transportation analyses
- Mentor staff and work closely with other departments to develop multi-disciplinary client-focused solutions
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil or Transportation Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Eligible for membership in APEGS with 10 or more years of progressive experience
- Extensive experience with business development and managing transportation projects
- Strong understanding of municipal and provincial legislation as it relates to transportation is essential
- Strong project management capabilities and proposal/report writing skills
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.