Senior Water Resources Engineer
KGS Group is seeking a Senior Water Resources Engineer to join our well- established office in Mississauga, ON.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
We offer a dynamic working environment with opportunities to develop a successful career in consulting engineering. At KGS Group, you will be working alongside industry leaders that have played a significant part in many of the major water resources developments in Canada. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment. This position offers significant opportunity for professional growth including but not limited to managing a focused team of engineers, along with oversight for multi-disciplinary projects, client interaction, business development and much more!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Project Management
- Hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and modelling
- Design of hydraulic structures, water conveyance and storage systems
- Preparation of technical reports, drawings and specifications
- Preparation of bid/proposal packages
- Preparation and delivery of professional presentations
- Collaborate with the project teams and other disciplines within KGS Group
- Helping to maintain strong relationships with clients
- Manage water resources projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including establishment of budgets and maintaining client relationships
- Pursuing new business opportunities with new and existing clients
- Managing and mentoring junior staff
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) in civil engineering with a specialization in water resources engineering from a recognized university (Master’s degree is an asset).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in water resources engineering with demonstrated project management skills (i.e., tracking budgets and meeting schedules).
- Previous consulting experience.
- Project management experience and accreditation is an asset.
- Highly proactive with exceptional problem solving/analytical skills.
- Strong proficiency in Windows Microsoft Office.
- Strong working technical knowledge of and experience in water resources engineering.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in hydrologic and hydraulic studies and designs. Including numerical modelling and analysis with industry standard software.
- Experience in numerical modelling and programing skills will be considered assets.
- Organizational skills, ability to manage time and resources.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required. Proficiency in French verbal and written communication skills would be an asset.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in Ontario, as well as other Canadian provinces.
- You have a valid driver’s license and are willing to travel to job sites outside of the city.
- Willing and able to work extended hours, when needed, to meet deadlines.
- The work will mainly be carried out of our Mississauga office. Travel to various outdoor sites and durations at the sites will be determined by project needs.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. We believe in assisting each of our employees to fulfill their career goals. We offer professional development opportunities along with a competitive pay and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.