Transportation Designer (Regina)
KGS Group is seeking a Transportation Designer to join our team in either Regina or Saskatoon to prepare functional, preliminary and detailed designs.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
This opportunity has exciting potential that will be shaped around your reputation and name in industry. As a Transportation Designer, you will be skilled in the design, construction and maintenance of highway and urban transportation infrastructure.
You will be responsible in a hands-on manner for all aspects of business from proposal writing to project delivery. You will work collaboratively to deliver projects involving urban and rural road design, transit (BRT, LRT) and active transportation. You will be engaged with our other offices and work in an exciting multidisciplinary team of planners, engineers and landscape architects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare functional, preliminary and detailed designs on public and private sector projects
- Ensuring designs meet governing body standards and engineering best practices
- Prepare planning reports, functional, preliminary and detailed designs associated with new and/or the rehabilitation of highways, interchanges, arterial roads, collector roads, local roads, transit facilities and bicycle infrastructure
- Support contract administration on construction assignments
- Provide input to workflow planning as part of design/drafting team
- Work closely with other departments to develop multi-disciplinary client-focused solutions
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Licensed to practice as a Civil Engineering Technologist in Saskatchewan
- Demonstrated experience in highway and municipal design
- Overpass and interchange design, transit design and active transportation design is an asset
- Experience applying TAC Geometric Design Guide and applicable industry design practices, standards and processes
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D and/or MicroStation and InRoads
- InfoWorks CS, AASHTO ME, ParkCAD, Nexus, Torus, RoadEng, Synchro, Revit is an asset
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in municipal and road design
- Extensive knowledge of current AutoCAD and Land Desktop/Civil 3D software
- Experience with REVIT, Microstation and InRoads is an asset
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.