Accessible Customer Service Plan
KGS Group is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed in all parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them within our premises.
Maintain Barrier Free Access
We are committed to maintain barrier free access to our goods and services.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to service or facilities intended for customers with disabilities (such as the elevator, accessible washrooms, etc.), KGS Group will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. This notice will be posted in the reception area of our office and/or adjacent to the affected service or facilities.
Training for Staff
KGS Group will provide training to employees who deal with the public or third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Receptionists, Administration Staff, Senior Management (as applicable) and members of the Health and Safety Committee. This training will be provided within 2 months of that individual being hired.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005/The Accessibility for Manitobans Act (or applicable legislation), the requirements of the customer service standard/regulation and the applicable Human Rights Code
- KGS Group’s plan and practices related to the customer service standard/regulation
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities or barriers
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the elevator (or any other equipment or device available within our offices that may help with providing services to people with disabilities)
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing KGS Group’s services
Staff will be trained when changes are made to this plan.
For customers who wish to provide feedback on the way KGS Group provides services to people with disabilities, please send KGS Group a message through the form on the Contact Us page.
All feedback will be directed to Accessibility Officer and/or the Senior Manager responsible for the respective office location. Customers can expect to hear back within 7 days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedure.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Any policy of KGS Group that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Notice of Availability of Documents
KGS Group will provide this document in an accessible format or with communication support, on request. We will consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of the format or communication support. We will provide the accessible format in a timely manner and, at no additional cost.