KGS Group is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our well-established and growing administrative team in our Winnipeg office. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined company, are enthusiastic, dedicated and interested in a career as an Administrative Assistant, then you will enjoy this opportunity.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this role, you will have an exciting opportunity to work on a variety of different projects and with a variety of different people. You will provide administrative support by preparing, maintaining and coordinating a wide range of documents such as reports, proposals, RFP's, letters, etc. You will interact with and establish good relationships with all KGS Group staff as well as clients.
As an administrative assistant with KGS Group, you will have a professional manner, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills combined with the flexibility to meet deadlines and changing priority as required. The ideal candidate must be reliable and have the ability to work well in a team environment. The administrative assistant will assist with document control, provide relief for the front desk, answer a Meridian Switchboard, as well as greet clients and visitors in an efficient and courteous manner.
Your Key Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for the development of letters, reports, and proposals.
- Receive and send out courier packages
- Document Control (management of digital documents and drawings ie: track, manage and store documents)
- Work requires attention to detail in typing, proofing, copying and binding as well as administrative support services to executive staff and other staff members
- In-House File Management System (FMS)
- Formatting and typing letters
- Filing of reports and letters
- Receiving and sending out courier packages
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights include:
- Previous administrative or related experience is preferred.
- Typing speed of ~60 WPM +
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and have strong collaborative skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word 2010, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook), Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Technically savvy with the ability to learn new systems and adapt to change quickly
- Have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Be able to manage tight deadlines and changing priorities while being able to multi-task
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with employees and senior management
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.