Building Science / Architectural Technologist
KGS Group is seeking a Building Science or Architectural program graduate or Technologist to join our Structural team in Thunder Bay, ON.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow. And get ready to stretch yourself and dare to push your limits. Because we believe we set our own boundaries by what we’re willing to attempt. That’s the KGS way.
In joining KGS Group, you will join a growing company as well as a growing Structural / Building Science team. As part of our Structural / Building Science department, you will:
- Prepare structural and building envelope engineering models and drawings with AutoCAD and
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of proposals, memorandum, and reports
- Assist in gathering technical information for reports, specifications, and analysis
- Attend and gather site information and perform assessments
- Effectively and accurately communicate information and ideas
- Assist in preparation of presentations
- Perform site inspections and, on occasion, periods of field work may be required
Your Qualifications and Abilities
- A preferred minimum of 5 years of experience in a drafting role.
- A three-year Architectural Technology diploma (or expected to graduate in the near future)
- An above average technical aptitude and a desire to further develop technical knowledge
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, building design and construction, and drafting standards
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD 2020, or later versions
- Willingness and ability to perform site inspections
- The ability to successfully meet tight deadlines while producing accurate and highly detailed data
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively with little supervision, as an individual and with a team
- The ability to visualize and communicate complex construction details
- Willingness to learn new software programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality and safety
- Previous general experience in the construction industry would be considered an asset
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is also considered an asset
- Must hold a valid G class driver’s license
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. We believe in assisting each of our employees to fulfill their career goals. We offer professional development opportunities along with a competitive pay and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.