Civil Engineering Technologist (Winnipeg) (1)
KGS Group is seeking a Civil Engineering Technologist to join our well-established Geomatics Department in Winnipeg, MB.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
As a Civil Technologist in our Geomatics Department, you will:
- Assist in various aspects of field surveys using GPS, Total Station (conventional and Robotic), Level and Rod (digital and optical) for a broad range of field investigation programs.
- Complete Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) for various applications.
- 3D Scanning and LIDAR survey for terrestrial and airborne captures.
- Post Process Survey in Geomatics Software.
- Bathymetry Survey and Sediment Sampling.
- Perform field and office calculations effectively.
- Effectively and accurately communicate information and ideas by email and field reports.
- Keep clear and concise field notes.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Civil3D is an asset.
- Civil3D earthworks design and terrain modeling.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Completion of a three-year civil engineering technology diploma or equivalent. Open to applicants from any of the Civil Technology disciplines.
- 1-3 years’ work experience is an asset but not necessary.
- An above average technical aptitude and a desire to further develop technical knowledge.
- Willingness and ability to perform basic site inspections. Must hold a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Ability to operate various off-road vehicles is an asset (ATV, ORV’s, Snowmobile, Argo and boats).
- Willing and able to travel and work on various jobs sites in urban, rural and remote areas across Canada.
- The ability to successfully meet tight deadlines while producing accurate and highly detailed data.
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively with supervision, as an individual and with a team.
- Willingness to learn new software programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.