Electrical Engineer-in-Training (US)
KGS Group is looking for an Electrical Engineer-in-Training to join our newly established office in Granite Bay, California.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects up and down the west coast. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Many of our core clients operate in the hydropower and water management fields. We are growing our U.S. team to continue to provide our industry-leading services to these clients. As we expand our presence in California and in these markets, we are looking for strong candidates at all levels to join our team!
The Electrical Engineer-in-Training prepare electrical engineering designs and related documents. You will work on assigned projects under the guidance of intermediate to senior level engineers while collaborating with engineers and designers from other disciplines. Working in a team environment, you will ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets and are up to high-quality standards.
You will gain valuable experience in building systems including power distribution, lighting and controls, fire alarm, communications and security. You will assist in creating and performing changes to drawings in both 2D plans in AutoCAD and 3D models in Revit.
This position provides an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate to work with a highly experienced multi-disciplinary group of engineers to gain experience while working towards obtaining their Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
- Design of various electrical systems and performing electrical studies under the guidance of intermediate and senior engineers
- Preparation of preliminary drawings, equipment technical specifications and detail design and associated construction drawings
- Perform routine calculations and design as directed
- Provide equipment selections and communicate with vendors
- Issue drawings and other documents
- Assist with the preparation and review of proposals and reports
- Visit job sites to inspect for drawing compliance, data gathering and witness commissioning activities
- Work in a team environment and attend multi-disciplinary project meetings
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines including architects, clients and contractors
- Work on small projects or assist senior engineers on larger projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in electrical engineering from a recognized university
- Registered (or eligible to become registered) with California as an Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.)
- Strong understanding of power systems theory and analysis software will be considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Previous experience with AutoCAD and Revit will be considered an asset
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but is required depending on project/client requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks
- Have the drive, attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our employee-owned culture is a must
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.