Electrical Engineering Technologist (Commercial)
KGS Group is seeking an Electrical Engineering Technologist to join our well-established Commercial Mechanical and Electrical Department in Winnipeg, Saskatoon or Regina.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
The Electrical Engineer Technologist will work in a team environmental to prepare electrical engineering designs and related documents. You will work on assigned projects under the guidance of Intermediate to Senior level Engineers while collaborating with engineers and designers from other disciplines. Working in a team environment, you will ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets, and up to high quality standards.
You will gain valuable experience in commercial building systems including power distribution, lighting and controls, fire alarm, communications and security. You will assist in creating and performing changes to drawings in both 2D plans in AutoCAD and 3D models in Revit.
This position provides an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate to work with a highly experienced multi-disciplinary group of engineers and technologist to gain experience while working towards obtaining their Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) license.
- Design and draft in AutoCAD, and Revit. On-the-job training will be provided however experience would be considered an asset
- Collect, study and combine field information and initial design ideas from engineers into coherent technical drafts for further study and review by lead engineers
- Create accurate, detailed technical documentation based on specifications and design information provided by project managers, lead engineers or clients
- Create as-built drawings from inspection sketches and notes
- Design of commercial electrical systems including low-voltage power distribution, fire alarm, lighting, data cabling, surveillance and intrusion systems
- Perform routine calculations and design as directed
- Make equipment selections and communicate with vendors
- Issue drawings and other documents
- Attend Site inspections as assigned for drawing compliance or data gathering
- Work in a team environment and attend multi-disciplinary project meetings
- Preparation of preliminary drawings, equipment technical specifications, detail design and associated construction drawings
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant bringing forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Recent graduate of an accredited Electrical Engineering program
- Registered (or eligible to become registered) with EGM
- Ability to effectively work in a collaborative team environment and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude, with a willingness to learn new technologies and methods
- Strong computer skills
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but is required depending on project/client requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.