Electrical Engineering Technologist
KGS Group is currently looking for an Electrical Engineering Technologist to join our growing Electrical department in Regina, or Saskatoon.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
As an Intermediate Electrical Engineering Technologist at KGS Group, your primary duties will be to prepare engineering models, drawings and documents, perform site inspections to gather data, and to assist senior electrical engineers with project specific tasks. You will produce models and drawings using primarily AutoCAD, and documents with Microsoft Office software. You will work to complete tasks independently as well as collaborate as part of a design team.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare engineering models and drawings with Revit AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Perform various design tasks for new and modified electrical systems
- Perform field inspections and measurements. Will summarize field observations and measurements in reports and/or integrate them into designs
- Assist in gathering technical information for reports, specifications and analysis
- Perform basic calculations and present them in a logical and organized manner
- Effectively and accurately communicate information and ideas
- 2-year diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology or Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent
- Possess an above average technical aptitude and a desire to further develop technical knowledge.
- Have working knowledge of electrical systems design and drafting standards
- Successfully work to meet tight deadlines while producing accurate and highly detailed drawings and technical documents
- Work efficiently and effectively with little supervision, as an individual and with a team
- Be capable of visualizing and communicating complex details
- Be willing to learn new software programs
- Be capable of communicating effectively, both orally and through written communication.
- Be committed to a high quality of work
Additional Assets Include:
- Previous work experience or familiarity with building electrical distribution, lighting systems, MV or HV applications, generators, transformers, switchgear, MCC’s, PLC automation, SCADA, or control systems
- Have working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Familiarity with the Canadian Electrical Code
- Prior experience with 3D modeling or drafting software platforms
- Knowledge of electrical construction
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.