Electrical Project Manager
KGS Group is seeking an Electrical Project Manager to join our well-established Electrical Department in our Mississauga, Ontario office.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this position, you will undertake a project management role reporting directly to the Electrical Department Head. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment and interfacing directly with clients.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Experience with power generation electrical systems engineering related to MV, LV and HV electrical equipment, exposure to protection & control systems and power system electrical studies
- Experience with regulatory compliance (IESO, NERC, CIP)
- Managing multiple multi-discipline projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Projects will include a variety of small to large projects involving hydroelectric and power sector related projects
- Planning the budget, schedule and resources to complete the proposed and contracted project requirements
- Tracking and reporting project progress to the client
- Ensuring that deliverables are completed to the client’s satisfaction
- Distributing/assigning work for the project and coordinating resources with the department heads
- Preparation and review of reports and proposals
- Weekly review and approval of project related time and expenses
- Review and approval of monthly invoices
- Tracking and pursuing payment of invoices
- Project set up and closeout activities
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experience. Some highlights include:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in electrical engineering
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in electrical engineering from a recognized university (Master’s degree is an asset)
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in Ontario
- Highly proactive with exceptional problem solving/analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Windows Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral & written English skills
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but is required depending on project/client requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. Salary is based on experience.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.