KGS Group is seeking a Junior Electrical Technologist to join our well-established Electrical Department in Mississauga, ON.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
As an Electrical Technologist in KGS Group, you will gain valuable experience in the hydroelectric field, working on projects involving electrical power generation and electrical equipment ranging from the generator to the balance of the plant (BOP) electrical systems and its associated HV transmission systems, including protection and control.
This position provides an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate to work with a highly experienced multi-disciplinary group of engineers.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the lead engineer the junior technologist will be trained to achieve the following:
- Create accurate, detailed technical documentation based on specifications and design information provided by project managers, lead engineers or clients
- Collect, study and combine field information and initial design ideas from engineers into coherent technical drafts for further study and review by lead engineers
- Prepare comprehensive wiring diagrams for electrical equipment and systems in power generating stations, substations and other related facilities according to field records, design information and engineering specifications under the direction of the lead engineer
- Participate in PLC programming, testing and programming under the direction of the lead engineer
- Participate in the design process by supporting engineers and designers, contributing ideas and information and creating rough sketches and diagrams of electrical wiring and systems. Involvement in power system design consisting of low/medium/high voltage electrical systems
- Create as-built drawings from inspection sketches and notes
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to execute project deliverables, as well as ensuring that quality objectives, schedules and budgets are met
- Certified by or working towards certification by OACETT (Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists)
- 0-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in an engineering environment
- Experience with Computer Aided Design and Drafting
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude, with a willingness to learn new technologies and methods
- Drafting experience related to electrical power equipment and systems design is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but is required depending on project/client requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks
- Having the drive, attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. Salary is based on experience.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.