KGS Group is seeking an Environmental Technologist to join our well-established team on a permanent, full-time basis in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our people and clients first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
The Environmental team consists of technical specialists in the areas of: Contaminated Site Assessment, Remediation and Risk Management; Solid Waste Management; Ecology and Environmental Impact Assessment; Hydrogeology and Hydrogeological Engineering; Mine Closure and Reclamation; Emergency Response; and Demolition and Hazardous Building Materials Assessment.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
This exciting opportunity will give you the chance to work on varied projects under the mentorship of our senior team members and develop your skills on various environmental projects. Through this role, you will have the opportunity to participate and contribute to a number of office and field activities including but not limited to: environmental site assessments, contaminated sites remedial activities, regulatory inspections and reporting, soil, groundwater and surface water sample collection, hydrogeology, writing technical documents and maintaining environmental management systems for a variety of clients projects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in the completion of Environmental Site Assessments (Phase 1, 2 and 3) and remedial projects.
- Assist in the completion of Environmental Assessments and Class Environmental Assessments.
- Field and site inspections, including coordinating and directing site contractor.
- Construction surveillance, monitoring and reporting.
- Environmental surveillance, monitoring and reporting.
- Designated Substance Surveys.
- Computer activities - data entry/analysis, engineering programs utilization.
- Assisting with scoping, budget development and preparation of proposals and reports.
- Safely perform work in the office and field; fieldwork may occur in all seasonal weather conditions, using equipment and operating vehicles on behalf of the company. Some heavy lifting may be required.
- Willing and able to work extended hours, when needed, to meet deadlines.
- Work towards and achieve designation as C.E.T. or C.Tech.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Graduate of accredited technology program with environmental management knowledge.
- Surveying skills would be an asset.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in environmental technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to work independently as well as a team environment when required.
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Excel.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail; accuracy is essential.
- Focused organization and time management abilities.
- Understanding the importance of health & safety as a top priority.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain Federal, Provincial or any other security clearances.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.