Geotechnical Design Draftsperson (Winnipeg)
KGS Group is seeking a Geotechnical Design Draftsperson to join our well-established Geotechnical Department in Winnipeg, MB.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow. And get ready to stretch yourself and dare to push your limits. Because we believe we set our own boundaries by what we’re willing to attempt. That’s the KGS way.
As a Geotechnical Design Draftsperson, your Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in Geotechnical Design from proposal stage through to completion
- Participate in Design drafting of small to large Geotechnical Projects (Report Figures, Preliminary, Tender, and Construction Packages)
- Ensure drawing development adheres to Company/Client Drafting Standards with emphasis on quality assurance and Project Schedule
- Perform basic Calculations and present them in a logical and organized manner
- Manage Project Data (Drawing Files, Models, Topographic Survey, Design Calculations, etc.)
- Assist in drawing production, plotting and delivery
Your Qualifications and Abilities
To fill the role, we are looking for an applicant who possess excellent knowledge in CAD. Some highlights could include, but are not limited to:
- Diploma in CAD or Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized post-secondary Institute
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in Civil Design Drafting with demonstrated technical abilities
- Tech. and/or C.E.T. registration in Manitoba would be an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD 2018 or later version
- Knowledge of MicroStation Software
- Intermediate knowledge of Autodesk Civil3D would be an asset
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively with a team and as an individual
- Strong attention to detail with excellent oral and written communication skills
- May occasionally be required to work overtime.
KGS Group is an employee-owned, equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.