KGS Group is seeking an entry level to intermediate Geographic Information Systems Specialist or Technologist to join our Winnipeg team in our growing Geomatics department.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
This is a great opportunity for an intermediate GIS Specialist to work with a great team of Engineers, Geoscientists and Technologists. Our team is involved in a wide range of projects in both urban and rural settings including but not limited to:
- Environmental management
- Land management
- Landfill assessment, construction, and decommissioning
- Water treatment plants, wells, and pipelines
- Wastewater management, lagoon construction
- Storm water assessment and management
- Industrial, mine, and institutional projects
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct Geographic Information System (GIS) and Spatial data analysis
- Perform field and office calculations effectively
- Provide technical expertise, support, and advice to Departmental clients in the planning and implementation of Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Support services include the creation, conversion, compilation, and administration of databases and geospatial databases.
- Provide spatial analysis services and develop custom-built geoprocessing tools, specialized mapping products, and dashboards by request, to enhance and support decision making and data analytics
- Effectively and accurately communicate information and ideas by email and field reports
- Keep clear and concise field notes
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Civil3D is an asset
- Communicate directly with clients and contractors
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- The successful applicant will have a 3 year diploma or degree with additional background in GIS.
- 1 to 5 years of experience working in GIS applications.
- GIS Experience in the following areas but not limited to:
- ESRI ArcGIS desktop and ArcPro, including various GIS extensions (Spatial, 3D analyst, etc)
- QGIS software
- Database development and management
- Figure and poster board production
- Cartographic capabilities
- Vector data creation and data analysis
- Raster management, creation, and analysis
- Other assets would be:
- Extensive knowledge of current AutoCAD and Land Desktop/Civil 3D Software.
- Great written and oral communication skills.
- ArcGIS Online or other data hosting experience
- Global Mapper and photoshop
- Attention to detail and experience handling large datasets
- Python and/or SQL programing skills
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.