Human Resources Generalist
KGS Group is looking for a dedicated Human Resources Generalist to join our growing company and Human Resources Department.
Over the past 30 years, KGS Group has grown to be the largest employee-owned engineering consulting firm based in Manitoba. We work in nearly every area of engineering and have led significant public and private projects across Canada and internationally.
Our work in Manitoba ranges from the design and construction of major hydro dams to the first large diameter tunneling works in the province to a variety of engineering services for noteworthy local landmarks such as The Forks Riverwalk, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, the Bell MTS Centre and Birds Hill Lake, to name a few.
In this role you will play an integral part in supporting KGS Group’s human resources functions across the organization and its subsidiaries. You will work closely with employees and Department Heads to support recruitment, onboarding, compensation, training, employee relations, and performance management. You will also support the HR department with communications and working on a wide variety of internal projects. With people at the heart of everything you do, you’ll support your high-potential people to grow rewarding careers at KGS Group – while enjoying one yourself.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide HR support to our regional offices; Vancouver, Thunder Bay, and KGS Group International (USA)
- Coordinate and process semi-monthly payroll, benefits, workers compensation, and 401(k) for our US operations.
- Coordinate organizational training and development efforts including monthly lunch n’ learns
- Create course content for various HR topics and facilitate training via in-person and/or virtual training
- Assist in development and implementation of company HR processes and procedures as required
- Act as an advisor to managers on HR employment best practices and procedures
- Train as a back-up on our group benefits plan, HRIS system, and RRSP enrolment
- Support the social committee and wellness initiatives
- Assist the Talent Acquisition Specialist with recruitment initiatives
- Support HR and corporate projects/initiatives as required
- You have a post-secondary education in Human Resources
- You have your CPHR designation or are a CPHR candidate
- You have knowledge of employment legislature and practices.
- You have experience and are familiar with US payroll, benefits, 401k, etc.
- You’re detail oriented, able to multitask and can communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the business
- You are a strong relationship builder and can build trust and rapport with individuals across all departments and levels
- You are proactive in identifying new projects and ways to improve processes
- You’re willing to take on new tasks and help out the HR team
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.