Intermediate Civil/Structural Engineer
KGS Group is seeking an Intermediate Civil/Structural Engineer to join our well established Civil/Structural Department in Mississauga, Ontario.
KGS Group is a consulting engineering, design and project management firm which has been operating since 1986. We are an employee owned multi-disciplinary company of over 400 with six office locations across North America and another opening in Vancouver. KGS Group provides a full range of services to the industrial, municipal and hydropower industries. Services are provided to government, public and private sector clients in Canada and the United States.
We are seeking applicants for an Intermediate Level Structural Engineer for our Mississauga, Ontario office with experience working with concrete and steel structures. The successful candidate will gain valuable experience in the hydroelectric field, working alongside a group of senior engineers working on projects involving heavy civil project design (including design of water retaining structures and flood control structures), addressing stability, seepage and settlement. The successful candidate will also gain knowledge in the dam safety assessment of hydroelectric facilities.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Carry out structural design and analysis for dams and hydroelectric facilities
- Prepare all deliverables for the project including reports, calculations, drawings and/or specifications
- Assist in the delivery of projects on time, on budget and on spec in accordance with quality objectives
- Prepare calculations and select equipment. May assign tasks to designer and CAD Technician where appropriate
- Ability to understand all codes and standards relevant for the project and is able to communicate all requirements to the internal project team and client
- Ensures the Civil/Structural Department Head is advised of all changes in scope of work and prepares amendments to the contract for review and submission to client
- Preparation, development and write-up of proposals
- Provides construction site support
- Reviews shop drawings and contractor’s submittals
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in civil/structural engineering
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in civil engineering from a recognized university (Master’s degree is an asset)
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in Ontario
- Experience in the hydroelectric field with heavy civil projects, including water retaining structures and flood control structures, and knowledge of the Canadian Dam Association (CDA) Dam Safety Guidelines is an asset.
- Highly proactive with exceptional problem solving/analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Windows Microsoft Office
- Experience with Mathcad and STAAD.Pro is an asset
- Excellent oral & written English skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks
- The work will mainly be carried out of our Mississauga office. Travel to various outdoor sites and durations at the sites will be determined by project needs
KGS Group believes in assisting each of our employees to fulfill their career goals. We offer professional development opportunities along with a competitive pay and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.