Intermediate Electrical Engineer (Commercial)
KGS Group is seeking an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our growing Electrical Commercial group in Winnipeg, Regina, or Saskatoon.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
The Intermediate Electrical Engineer will play a support role within the group, performing technical work as well as branching out into project management related tasks. The intent is for the successful candidate to learn and grow in this position under the mentorship of our Senior Engineers. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment with the opportunity to interface directly with clients.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple mechanical commercial projects simultaneously from the proposal stage through to completion, including establishment of budgets and maintaining client relationships. Project types will include a variety of small to large in the commercial sector.
- Construction services including hosting meeting, reviewing shop drawings, progress claims, liaise between Contractors and Owner, and construction inspections / substantial completion.
- Designing modifications to, or entirely new, mechanical systems related to commercial and institutional construction.
- Specification and report preparation and detailed review.
- Engineering drawing preparation and review.
- Electrical engineering analysis and design of projects from a wide range of industries.
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines and the project management team, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved.
- Working directly with client groups including architects, owner and contractors.
- Pursuing new business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Managing and mentoring junior staff.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from a recognized university
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in Electrical engineering with demonstrated technical (data analysis, code and regulations reviews, design calculations, technical report writing) and project management skills (writing project progress reports, tracking budgets and maintaining schedules)
- Registered (or eligible to become registered) with Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Manitoba (APEGM) or Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.). Consideration will be given to applicants who are registered as Licensee Members (Eng.L). Applicants are to provide a copy of their Scope of Professional Practice with their application. Registration in other Canadian provinces would be an additional asset
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in site investigations, condition assessments, design and construction support are preferred
- Demonstrated electrical design experience in Power Distribution, Lighting and Controls, Fire Alarm, Communications and Security systems in renovation and greenfield projects
- Experience working on various types of design contracts including design-bid-build, construction management and design-build
- Construction Administration experience including writing addendums, proposed change notices, site instructions, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to adapt to and meet the challenges of a variety of different projects from clients in many different industries
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working with Architects
- Experience working on multi-discipline projects
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but is required depending on project/client requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing/able to undergo security clearance checks
KGS Group is an employee-owned, equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.